May 4th, 2014 – Wonderful class in Animal Assisted Therapy for .6 Continuing Education Units. Sunday May 4th from 9 am to 4 pm. Being held at Northfield Dog Training in Ann Arbor, MI. This is a collaboration with University of Michigan Hospital and CEU’s apply to everyone in a medical profession, OT’s, PT, RT’s, Nurses, Doctors, Hospital Administrators, Psychologists, etc.
Fast paced, fun, up to date on the most current literature and research. Half the day is spent in hands on practical experiences directly with Therapy Dog/Handler Teams. What’s more fun than playing with pups all day! Bagels and beverages provided for breakfast and organic fruit and bottled spring water all day.
As this class historically sells out and we end up turning people away, please sign up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Click on this link below,
If you have questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at OTandPTpups@gmail.com with your request(s). Hope to see you there.
FIND OUT HOW TO HAVE A CLASS COME TO YOUR College or University
Animal Assisted Therapy – OT and PT Pups offers an outstanding one day course in Animal Assisted Therapy.
- This course is designed for everyone in rehabilitative medicine that is interested in Animal Assisted Therapy; students; doctors, nurses, educators, occupational therapists, physical therapists, COTA’s, CPTA’s, assistants, and all; hospital or facility directors and managers.
- First portion of course: Numerous, well illustrated handouts are provided, plus, a power point presentation and live dog demo’s covering no less than; (1) community resources, (2) managing risks and liabilities, (3) the unique communications model when using AAT (4) benefits of AAT, (5) using canines as therapeutic tools, (6) role differentiation, and (7) the future of AAT, and Hippotherapy.
- Second portion of course: hands-on practice with AAT Dogs. The class participants playing the different roles; (1) the therapist managing the team, directing the patient and Handler/Dog Team (2) the client or patient performing the therapeutic exercises as directed.
- Breaks: Participants will have one short break in the am and pm, plus lunch. Please bring your own lunch or feel free to purchase food at the local eateries.
- Successful completion includes full attendance to both the lecture portion and the hands-on clinical practice in order to receive a Certificate of Endorsement. Certificates will be issued upon completion and 6 hours toward CEU’s awarded.*
*6 Hours toward CEU’s have been awarded for every class we have taught to date.